DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Jeremy's Student Blog: Blog Essay: Technology

Friday, November 25, 2005

Blog Essay: Technology

Ever since I was very young technology has been intriguing to me. I've played with as many devices as I can find and get my hands on, torn them apart, put them back together. I know what technology means to me but I don't know what it means to the folks around me. In this essay I intend to explore other people's ideas concerning technology. I will interview individuals some in person and some via email concerning their experiences and feelings concerning technology.

~Below is a copy of the email I've sent to some of my friends and aquaintances. I'd love for you to answer the questions yourself if you have time. Just leave a comment with the question number before each answer. Thank you.

OSUJeremy Technology Interviews.

I’m interested in knowing what you think about technology. I am intending to post this interview of a sort in my class blog at osujeremy.blogspot.com . I will be posting your responses to my blog for a grade along with my own technology related musings in the form of an essay. The essay is due November 27th so if you please get back to me by the 26th. No worries if you can’t I realize it is short notice so I’ve sent this to a lot of people in the hopes that someone will get back to me by the deadline. If you can’t get back to me by then I’m still interested to know what you think. I just won’t include it in my essay. I expect that answering the following should take no more than an hour. No need to write your own essay. Some folks I’m not giving the luxury of self-directed writing. I’m interviewing them in person and expect to spend no more than an hour with each. But by all means go nuts if it is your persuasion. I’m glad to inspire reflective thinking wherever I can.

I know this ain’t like I’m asking for a cup of sugar. It is quite a lot to ask and I want to thank you very much in advance for your help. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

Jeremy

Please answer the following and email them to me at *EMAIL EDITED OUT FOR SAKE OF SPAM AVOIDANCE* or visit my blog http://osujeremy.blogspot.com/ and leave a comment filled with your answers:

1.) What is your working definition of technology?

2.) What are your feelings towards technology?

3.) What technologies do you think are a benefit to society? Why? What technologies do you think are a detriment to society? Why? Are there any technologies that you think are both beneficial and detrimental to society? Why?

4.) What to you is the distinction between high technology and low technology? What are some examples of each that you have used and why were you using it? How do you think people valuate high technology and low technology? Is one better than the other for any reason? How do your feelings vary when you when you compare your feelings about high technology to your feelings about low technology?

5.) What technologies have you felt uncomfortable/frustrated with using? How familiar with that particular technology were you? Do you think your familiarity, or lack of familiarity, impacts how comfortable you feel using the technology? Were there other factors involved besides familiarity that made you uncomfortable? Have you continued to use the technology? If so have you become more comfortable with using whatever caused your to be uncomfortable in the first place?

6.) What technologies do you think are most important to you for developers to improve? Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home