DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Jeremy's Student Blog: Facebook.com

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Facebook.com

Last week I looked at FaceBook.Com, I was unsure what I was looking at and how it worked. My first impression was that it was kind of interesting but I wasn't sure if it was worthwhile to maintain an account. I decided I would give it a shot. Now I think I'm hooked. I located a whole bunch of people I had been aquainted with in the past through highschool that I had lost contact with through college. Not only were they in FaceBook.Com's directory but they are all also still actively maintaining their accounts. I made a few contacts and folks started adding me into there social network. I was surprised that some of these folks who I only had passing familiarity with actually remembered me and thought enough of me to add me as a friend. It really is a bit of a boost to the my self-confidence. Albeit some probably think me a little odd because I'm so verbose. It is actually kind of odd for me.... I'm not usually very talkative but something has been switched on and I can't seem to keep my mouth shut as of late. I know it hasn't expressed itself in this medium. For this I have no excuse... I guess I knew my audience and didn't feel like sharing. Interesting that I feel I have to monitor and self-moderate my mental meanderings in this blog. Good Day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

I understand that Facebook offers teacher and professor accounts, but after hearing from several people about its addictive quality, I think I will pass!

Saturday, November 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home