DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Jeremy's Student Blog: A smile.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A smile.

I'm down. It sucks. My mind is a thousand places but where I am at the moment. It is amazing what one smile can do to a person though.... I was driving home and I stopped for someone to cross and they smiled and waved at me. A complete stranger just made my day just that little bit more bearable. Danke you sweet, smiling, anonymous pedestrian. You remind me of why I think it is important that I smile and perform such small kindnesses that can have a great impact on folks who are feeling a bit downtrodden.

It is times like these I observe daily interactions between people. Friends talking, random people walking, and all the small negotiations I take for granted or ignore usually. I guess it might be weird but it is comforting to me to just sit and observe folks meandering their way through a public space. Watching folks silently negotiating paths around each other and still other folks recognizing each other and pausing for a moment to share a few words. I just fade into the scene and become part of the background.

I need a good meal and a good night sleep. Peace. Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

Small gestures can make huge differences.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home